here

Monday, August 13, 2018

Daughter's Quilt

Hi friends!
My daughter came to see me Sat.
Got her quilt and pillow shams a little late for her birthday. It was June 8th.
About the time I cut my finger!

She sent me a picture Sat. night.
Was thinking about doing the joining strips with this burgundy! I have two yards of it.
Don't know  if it will work. I guess I will spread it out and place a bunch of blocks on top.
Just to see . If it doesn't I will go stash looking.
I am sitting here in my desk chair and It drops just a little and a minute later it drops just a little more. In a little while  I will be on the floor!
Need fabric not a new chair!
Maybe I can put blocks under it!
Hugs
Babs



9 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

This is a beautiful quilt.

maureenlthompson said...

I bet your daughter was thrilled. Great quilt.

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt--she must have loved it!!
I need a new chair also--i guess they don't last forever...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

Her quilt turned out beautifully. Love it on her bed.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness what a nice big quilt for your daughter - she just is swaddled in it - she feels her mamma around her.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wonderful quilt and so greatly appreciated. And here's to 21 more!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's great to know when you gift a handmade item that the giftee is actually using it. Love the picture your daughter sent. It was really thoughtful of her to do it. My chair is doing the same thing. I keep saying I'm going to get a new chair but I never do. Maybe I have a chair around here I can put wheels on. I have some extra ones from a plastic drawer tote. or not.
xx, Carol

Jeanna said...

YOur daughter's quilt is so pretty. Doesn't make you happy that she took it right home and put it on her bed? I love it!!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your daughters quilt is so pretty. lol I give up on office chairs. I just find a chair that I like that height and go.