here

Friday, July 26, 2019

Kim's Quilt and our Week

Hi friends!
Been a rough week!
Sis had her knee replacement yesterday! Now the hard part starts! We spent Monday all afternoon at Tommy's Dr, Tuesday and Wednesday at the hospital with our daughter Kim and I went with brother and sis-in-law to the hospital in Chattanooga  for sis's surgery yesterday . Howard and Margaret was going back today and bring her home to spend a few days with them.
Tommy stayed here and cut grass!
I did get one seam sewed yesterday!
Wednesday got home and this was here from  angel  and great friend Julie Rose ,sent me some cheer-up.
Fabric and a diamond painting set! When I get time this will take my mind off things!
Hopefully every thing will calm down now for the summer.
 I have done some work on my first kit!
I started on the side so black got boring since there was so much of it, so I changed to other colors . More interesting now.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Babs

10 comments:

Imogene said...

I hope things settle down for you and your family.

Julierose said...

Hope things get back to normal soon for you both...a squishy pkg is always fun to get ;)) hugs, Julierose

ShirleyC said...

I feel your pain! Our summer has been about the same way. My husband has had issues since May, and he ended up in the hospital Sunday with CHF. Then we buried his sister yesterday.
I hope you and I both get back to sewing soon!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wishing normal boring days for you. One seam is more than I did this whole week....grin. I'm getting my knee down next month unless I chicken out. Gentle hugs to all.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay you haven't been keeping in touch with me about all this. I knew your sister was getting a knee replacement and your husband had to go to the doctor. But is Kim your daughter? What is going on with her? I hope things calm down too. And I like your surprise gift! sandie

sewyouquilt2 said...

Prayers for all to get well soon
And take care of YOU. It is easy to get sick and you have had enough. Hoping for calm sewing days ahead.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That is just too much all at one time! Oh wow, your trying your hand at diamond dots. It seems to be the trending craft right now. Cool! Prayers that everyone's recovery goes smoothly and that you get time to relax.
xx, Carol

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness you have got a lot going on, hopefully things will now start to settle down as they recover. Take care.

Needled Mom said...

I hope things calm down soon for you. Wishing speedy recoveries to all.

O'Quilts said...

It always seems to come all at one time..ugh.
The knee op should be ok in 2 to 3 weeks...
I hope your man feels better.
Taking time to breathe and sew during stressful times is hard...but important.
Sending you love.