here

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Scrap Baby Quilt

Hi friends!
Needed a gift for a baby shower. A girl from our Church, so this weekend I worked on a scrap one.
I cut a lot of my scraps 41/2 inch so this was easy.
I added a few boys things into it since it's for a boy.
Got it big enough yesterday so today maybe I can get it sandwiched.
I am hoping any way.
It started raining here Sunday morning.
Right when my son and his wife got here. They came up to buy some chickens!
Something had got a few of theirs and they eat fresh eggs.
Michael and Ashley came over to eat breakfast with us. Hadn't seen any of them since Christmas.
Really enjoyed seeing them. Their girls are both at college.
Empty Nester's! But they aren't alone , the girls left their pets for Chris and Amy to take care of.
And Addie is going to be a Vet. so she has a bunch! She used to bring home hurt animals and nurse them back to health.
I remember when she was 18 months old and she always wanted to feed Missy's horses  A little tiny thing and that hand would go out to let them eat a apple off her tiny hand. And she would giggle!!!
They grow up so fast! Now in College!
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs



5 comments:

Julierose said...

I know that feeling--they certainly do grow up awfully fast...
school has begun here and my grands are all in school now...no more babies...;((( hugs, Julierose P.S. nice little boy quilt...

Chatty Crone said...

My friend made Andy a quilt and I still have it for Andy's baby.
I wonder what got to their chickens?
I didn't know Addie was in vet school - wow - congrats!
sandie

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Nice quilt. I know the grow up fast thing. The little boys are more like little men now. They are in middle school beginning the 3rd.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Yes I hear ya about them growing up. My nieces are all getting married. Where did my little girls go??? Nice quilt

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning
I was just thinking that it would be good to make a baby quilt or two to have on hand. It's funny how our dogs have kept us entertained since our nest is empty. Guess Corey knew what he was doing when he gave us dogs.
xx, Carol