here

Monday, November 18, 2019

Week end Sewing

Hi friends!
Saturday I cut squares of boy fabric for that baby boy quilt.
Started sewing it together yesterday after my Sunday afternoon nap! Don't usually take one but woke up at five  that morning and couldn't go back to sleep.
I was reading blogs yesterday and saw grey used in a pattern like this, was planning on going to buy some solid baby blue and used this instead. Had plenty of the grey left over from Jessica's quilt.
I needed to shop my fabric instead of running and buying! Tommy says I have more than Walmart!
But you know how that goes, lots of one yards and scraps.
Have a great day
Hugs
Babs


9 comments:

Julierose said...

I really think that gray is perfect with those "boy-themed" squares..
just perfect. Nice choice and nice work hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

I like it - I think it looks great. Looks like a boy. Sometimes it is good to take a nap and just chill. So Tommy thinks you have a fabric store there. Cute.

Bettina Groh said...

I like the gray! Much better choice than blue!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love the grey fabric with those brights. My stash stays hidden. :)

Needled Mom said...

I love the gray with those fun prints.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the gray and good job shopping your stash!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Yes use the stash and that gray looks great. Scrappy is fun.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like the grey. I recently bought several yards of light grey thinking I'd like it as a neutral color far better than brown shades. We'll see how I use it. Shop my fabric. I like that. For years I have collected novelties and now am solid poor. I remedy that when I can.
xx, Carol

O'Quilts said...

This is going to be perfect