here

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Jessica's and Richards quilt

Hi friends!
Well it's a start!
I have been just every once in a while sewing a string of these together so I laid them out to see how much more I need . A lots!
Not as much as I have done but I need to cut some more. Need to add to some of these just to make them long enough to.
Should have a top in a couple of weeks now.
Will be working on the Veterans quilt to.
I ran across this the other day, my mother and two brothers, I was the oldest.  Hard to believe that that has to be 74 years ago at least. Some one off to the right must have said something funny and she is trying not to laugh.
So many years gone!
I didn't quilt when Mother was alive , was totally against sewing after sewing for 25 years in a mill.
took me a few years, I use to make my kids clothes before I went to work. Plus all of mine!
Haven't made anything since to ware, just quilts.
Have a great day
Hugs
Babs

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I do more quilting these days, but I love clothing construction.

Chatty Crone said...

I liked your story and your explanation of things. You looked so serious!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your quilts as usual are just coming along. Great pic of you and your mom and brothers. Your mom was a beauty, and you were and are adorable.

Julierose said...

What a lovely story--isn't it amazing how the years have flown past--on one hand it seems like yesterday and on the other--another life ago...
I see your quilts are coming along well hugs, Julierose

mamasmercantile said...

What a lovely photo, I bet that brought back some amazing memories.