here

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Quilt of Valor

Hi friends!
Still working on the Quilt of Valor.
The two big middle ones were in a panel I bought. The flags were fabric That I bought some where.
Still not sure of placement but I like the idea.
This morning we saw a dead kitten down the road, right on the road a few feet from my track that I walk on.
Some one must have thrown it out of a passing car. because their are no cat's around that haven't been fixed.And people do that here ! We find dogs that some one had thrown out here to.
We have a pound but they are to lazy to carry it there.
Maybe they think some one on this road will take it in but that one was to small to get out of the road
This is the prettiest my tiger lily's has been in the 19 years we have lived here.
When we first moved here I planted lots of flowers but that drought we had a couple of years ago killed a lot of them.
It got all my Hosta, I keep thinking I will get me some more.
I buy petunia's every year but the rest was sent when some one died and I just put them on the  covered  porch every winter, none of them have recovered yet from the porch.
Well need to sew for a while
Hugs
Babs

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I like how your Quilt of Valor is shaping up....
Very pretty tiger lilies...the deer ate all of mine last year--
I see maybe 3 coming up in among my ferns...hope they will not be eaten...;(((
hugs, Julieorse

Chatty Crone said...

The tiger lilies are pretty and boy do I hate it when people do that to animals - can't they bring them to a vet or something?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your QOV is looking good. I have that problem too with people dumping cats.

KatieQ said...


Lots of nice things going on with your QOV. I look forward to seeing it when it's finished.0