here

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baby quilt mayhem and a new block

Hi friends!!!
Wonderful day today!!!
I made a quilt sandwich and quilted it but as you can see i have a lot to take out.  The only thing is ,i can only use jack the ripper for so long until 'arthur' kicks in.
I found this block that looks like a turtle in my mother-in-laws sewing stuff.  I only found one but i haven't looked hard.  It was in with her flower garden blocks. or as they are called now hexes .
I found a small bow tie block too.
I think for my step girls i wont to use some of their grand mothers blocks on their birthday pillows .  Just am not sure how to do that yet.
I found another fat quarter of Robert Kaufman for my giveaway[ i haven't forgot that i said i would have one for my followers]  So now i have to find some more to go with that!!!
Maybe next week we will have it.
Got to sew now so have a happy sewing day
Quilt Happy

3 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Did you put plenty of pins in your sandwich,I generally pin about 3 inches apart,if I dont it gets all puckered up.bit of a nuisance taking the pins out as you quilt ,but better than unpicking.
Love that turtle block.
Laura xx

sewyouquilt2 said...

that turtle block is so cute. wouldnt it be fun combined with some bug fabric? depending on the size of your bowtie block it could be a bowtie on a bear for a pillow. I hear you about the "guys" haning around. I too have frequent visits from Arthur Itis and Ben Gay.LOL and Jack the Ripper usually is involved

Aaron Lara said...

Did you put plenty of pins in your sandwich,I generally pin about 3 inches apart,if I dont it gets all puckered up.bit of a nuisance taking the pins out as you quilt ,but better than unpicking. Love that turtle block. Laura xx