here

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This and that


Hi friends!!!
Another beautiful day!!!
Those clips came yesterday and they helped a lot in doing the hem on that dress.
I will never do that again!!!  Remind me if i forget!!!
But i did get Thur with it about 5 yesterday.  I cut   1 @ 1/2 inches off but it need two inches removed  .  I figured that i wouldn't be able to make a little roll hem so i took a half  inch to hem.  My machine didn't come with a hemmer.
I had to use both hands to pull it Thur the feed or it would just bog down.
Hubby is feeling great today , out working on clearing the garden.  Getting it ready for winter.
See what  i started?  I can see it in my head but never having done this before am having a time putting it to fabric.  But i think i will like it when i get thur.
I wont to make a table runner out of it.  I made me one last year after making 5 for my girls and made it late at night and though it was beautiful until the next morning when i noticed it was out of whack.  I could have cried and did't have enough fabric to start on another one for me so i used it like it was.
Well got get to sewing. have a great sewing day  Quilt Happy

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

glad all ended well with the dress. and also glad hubby is up and at em! LOL
that snowman project looks fun. so many projects,,,,so little time. ha ha
have fun sewing!