here

Friday, January 17, 2020

Cutting Strips

Hi friends!
Been making four patches! All the scraps that were big enough I cut three inch strips from.
Not sure where I will go but thinking bordered 12 patch blocks.
This came yesterday! Dawn  sewyouquilt2.blogspot.com sent us all a email with this Missouri star  deal! That rotary cutter holder was something I didn't have and it and one fat quarter was just two cents! Couldn't pass that up!
Of course I had to add to it!
I always use white some where in a quilt or all over it so I always need white. The charm pack was suppose to be white to but I nave never seen so many differences in white until I started making quilts.
My pile of strips are running low so I need to clean up some more.. Not sewing any together until I finish.
Got a good pile going but  not enough. 
I will cut some more strips today and make more!
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs



4 comments:

Julierose said...

I know those whites are all different for sure!! Gray-ish, tan-ish, peachy even pinky or lilac tinged...
I've been fitting pieces of the green RSC together this afternoon--a real jig saw puzzle...hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have been cutting scraps all day. I have a few more then my 2 boxes will be empty. Guess it is time to tackle another scrap box. Or maybe do a wee bit of sewing.

Chatty Crone said...

I see you and Julie cutting pieces - is that what you make the quilts with? Dumber question - I thought they were bigger pieces than that.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I HATE cutting..but love the results when they are stitched together.
xx, Carol